• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kiko Icel

Kiko Icel

n00b

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

im looking for new gaming keyboard?i have options as of now its steelseries 6gv2 , steelseries75 and Das Keyboard Model S Professional Cherry MX Brown.help me :p

#2 Eminence Front

Eminence Front

n00b

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

this is the motherboard section! not keyboard :D

#3 sam.chen

sam.chen

Admin

• Administrators
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Sure. Do you know what you'll be doing with the keyboard? Is it going to be specifically typing? Is it more of a multipurpose kind of keyboard? Or are you looking for something specifically catered towards gaming?

If you've never tried a mechanical gaming keyboard, I'd recommend going with the Cherry MX Brown or Blue switch type. MX Browns gives you the tactile bump when pressing keys, but doesn't have the noise associated with Cherry MX Blues. Cherry MX Blues are both tactile and clicky, which is what most people associate with when it comes to mechanical keyboards. In your list, the DAS Keyboard Model S Professional is the one I'd recommend as it comes with MX Brown switches. The SteelSeries boards come with Cherry MX Black switches which are linear switches and you don't really get that tactile bump or click.

That said, there are a number of other great keyboards as well that I'll link you to below.

Amazon.com: CM Storm Trigger - Fully Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Brown CHERRY MX Switches (SGK-6000-GKCM1-US): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Tactile High-Speed Keys - Black (920-003887): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Max Keyboard Nighthawk-X8 Blue LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Brown Cherry MX): Computers & Accessories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users