Photo
- - - - -

Best time to buy PC parts - After or before X-Mas?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Best time to buy PC parts - After or before X-Mas? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

1. After X-Mas (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. During or Before X-Mas (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 eBombzor

eBombzor

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Black Friday and Cyber Monday didn't have any deals on these parts so I'm wondering if the prices on these parts will either stay the same or drop when X-Mas / January sales come. Also, when is the best time to buy PC parts? I heard something about January sales and X-Mas sales but I don't know if they apply to PC parts. Do you guys think that the prices will drop on these components? Mainstream products are on sale all the time but not sure if these parts will have sales. i3-3220 Hyper Evo Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H or Z77X-D3H or UD3H Samsung 30nm 2x4GB Antec 302 Thanks.

#2 Alex Lin

Alex Lin

• Moderators
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Those items seems look like components that would usually be on sale. What stores have you been looking at?

#3 sam.chen

sam.chen

Admin

• Administrators
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Black Friday and Cyber Monday didn't have any deals on these parts so I'm wondering if the prices on these parts will either stay the same or drop when X-Mas / January sales come.

Also, when is the best time to buy PC parts? I heard something about January sales and X-Mas sales but I don't know if they apply to PC parts.

Do you guys think that the prices will drop on these components? Mainstream products are on sale all the time but not sure if these parts will have sales.

i3-3220
Hyper Evo
Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H or Z77X-D3H or UD3H
Samsung 30nm 2x4GB
Antec 302

Thanks.

From my experience, generally from Black Friday into the end of January is the best time to find hardware deals. That's usually when most sales are going on, especially when a ton of new stuff gets unveiled come CES. As for specific sales, it's hard to say. Generally though it's the mainstream stuff that goes on sale a lot while the budget stuff stays the same and the high end may go on sale, but it's usually still going to be expensive.

#4 eBombzor

eBombzor

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Those items seems look like components that would usually be on sale. What stores have you been looking at?

Newegg, Amazon, and NCIX (US) at PC PartPicker. Pretty useful site

#5 eBombzor

eBombzor

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

From my experience, generally from Black Friday into the end of January is the best time to find hardware deals. That's usually when most sales are going on, especially when a ton of new stuff gets unveiled come CES. As for specific sales, it's hard to say. Generally though it's the mainstream stuff that goes on sale a lot while the budget stuff stays the same and the high end may go on sale, but it's usually still going to be expensive.

I guess I'll just buy everything when it's on sale individually.

#6 Alex Lin

Alex Lin

• Moderators
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Just from personal experience I would say not to piece the system together one at a time. I would recommend you to buy the items all at once or at least a large portion together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users