• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrispytoes

chrispytoes

n00b

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

My friend built this computer for me last year and I haven't had any problems with it. but now just this morning I go to turn it on and all it does is spark on real quick like a tiny fraction of a second. the led's turn on really fast and then immediately go off and the mouse lights up and theres a clicky sort of popping sound that comes from my headphones all this happens in about a millisecond. if I hold down the power button it repeatedly clicks at a constant rate as if you were holding a stove dial on light. I havent had any problems with this computer until now.

#2 Xyriin

Xyriin

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Typically short power on and then off is due to a power issue. Power supply or bad board are the two most common causes I've seen of that symptom. I'd recommend trying another power supply if you have one on hand or if you can borrow one from someone. Additionally, you could also be seeing some kind of grounding issue. But if you haven't moved the system or opened the case then the culprit should be a failed component.

#3 sam.chen

sam.chen

Admin

• Administrators
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

My friend built this computer for me last year and I haven't had any problems with it. but now just this morning I go to turn it on and all it does is spark on real quick like a tiny fraction of a second. the led's turn on really fast and then immediately go off and the mouse lights up and theres a clicky sort of popping sound that comes from my headphones all this happens in about a millisecond. if I hold down the power button it repeatedly clicks at a constant rate as if you were holding a stove dial on light. I havent had any problems with this computer until now.

I agree with Xyriin, sounds like a power supply issue. What are your system specs? That would help.

#4 ryandigweed

ryandigweed

n00b

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

I've had similar issues when my psu was giving up. Or when my graphic card needed a higher power supply. You'll need to get that checked. If that's fine, then the next problem could be ur motherboard or memory. So you hear any beeps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users