X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget mechanical keyboard

Can anyone reccomand me a good (but affordable) mechanical keyboard for gaming. Backlighting would be nice, but I guess it's not an option for the cheap. Also I need the number pad.

Quickfire TK

Comment

Any comment about the Steelseries 6Gv2. I heard it's a good keyboard and I've found it for a good price.

Comment

Yea it's pretty good. Blacks are stiff, so keep that in mind.

Comment

Depends on your budget. If you have $90 on the budget, I'd go with the CM Storm Trigger. Looks like it's on sale right now. It's built like a tank, Cherry MX Brown switches (tactile, non-clicky) which just so happens to be my personal switch of choice and it's fully backlit.

Amazon.com: CM Storm Trigger - Fully Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Brown CHERRY MX Switches (SGK-6000-GKCM1-US): Computers & Accessories

If you want the smaller tenkeyless formfactor, the QuickFire TK is good as eBombzor mentioned. Cherry MX Blue, which is clicky and tactile.

Amazon.com: CM Storm QuickFire TK - Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with BLUE CHERRY MX Switches and Fully LED Backlit (SGK-4020-GKCL1-US): Computers & Accessories

The 6Gv2 as you mentioned is pretty good too. It's not backlit though. That said, it uses Cherry MX Black switches which are linear switches (no tactile feedback) with ~60g of actuation force. Personally, I'm not a fan of black switches since I feel they're a bit too heavy for typing and no tactile feedback means it's more difficult to tell if you actually hit the key or not. If you have a chance, definitely head out to a computer shop to see if you can test out the different switch types.

That said, at that price, I'd personally rather go with the Razer Blackwidow or the Rosewill RK-9000 with Cherry MX Blues which offer tactile and clicky keys.

Amazon.com: Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Gaming Keyboard: Electronics

Amazon.com: Rosewill Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry MX Blue Switch (RK-9000I): Computers & Accessories

Comment

Thanks for the long explanation sam.cpcr. It looks like the deals on the BlackWidow are even better here (about 10-15$ cheaper) and with the clicky MX Blue switches... I'll definitely get that one as soon as my budget fills up

Comment

my vote goes to the nighthawk x8 Max keyboard

Comment

Working...
              X