X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC for illustrator and photoshop application Usage

Currently my pc is running fine. On occasion when I am using illustrator with a project set on high raster effects (300.ppi), the pc starts to lag within Illustrator. What could be causing this lag or the cpu just cannot handle heavy usage of graphic application? Here is my pc specs.

mobo - msi z68a-G43 G3
    CPU - intel core i7-2600k 3.4Ghz
    OS - Win 7 64bit
    Graphic - radeon HD6850 1G
    PSU - 600W
    SSD - sanDisk 120G
    Ram - 16G
    monitors - Samsung Flatron W2600v & Samsung Flatron E2750

Your PC should run these projects fine. Where is the project located though? Is it on the SSD itself or is it on an external hard drive of some sort?

Comment

Project is saved in ssd, than moved to internal drive(non ssd).The application software are installed on a regular internal drive as well.

Comment

Originally posted by duceduc View Post
        Project is saved in ssd, than moved to internal drive(non ssd).The application software are installed on a regular internal drive as well.
        Hmmm... that sounds alright then. Have you updated all drivers for your hardware and how's the cooling on your system?

Comment

My os is updated. As far as the hardware, I have updated my video card. I am not sure what other hardware I have installed (web cam, printer), would need updates. I do not think the monitors have been checked for updates, but would that affect the lag?

My cooling system is stock built for both the cpu and video card.

Comment

Mainly you'd want to go ahead and download the drivers for your motherboard. Make sure they're the latest drivers. Make sure illustrator is updated to the latest version as well.

MSI USA ? Motherboard - Z68A-G43 (G3)

Also, ensure you're running the latest BIOS on your motherboard as well.

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z68A-G4...tml#/?div=BIOS

Your webcam/printer/monitors are unlikely to be causing any lag.

Try running hwmonitor and checking the temperatures of your CPU when it's in use. Make sure it's not overheating. If it does overheat, it'll downclock the CPU, which may be causing the lag.

HWMonitor - CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Oh and don't forget to make sure you don't have any spyware or viruses on your computer. Try running Malwarebytes.

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Comment

Thanks again for the guide. The pc seems to be loading up files within adobe application faster now after I have done the followings.

Updated my BIOS (I was one version below the latest)
              Updated all my drivers installed

I've checked the cpu temperature while running adobe. I am within the 40c range. PC is clean of any viruses or malware as well.

Comment

Sounds good. 40C is well within the optimal operating temperature range.

Comment

Working...
                X