X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building gaming pc

hi everybody, I want to build a pc for gaming and video editing, I have some experience repairing pc, but this will be the first time build one from scratch, My English is not very good and I'm using the google translator , I have planned to invest about $1,500. my idea is not very clear, so I'm here:

CPU – Intel Core i7 3770K
    Motherboard –ASUS Maximus V Gene
    Memory-16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 Low Profile 1.5v
    Boot Drive – Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
    Storage Drive – Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    Optical Drive - OEM DVD Drive and OEM Blu Ray Drive
    PSU – Corsair TX650 V2
    Operating System – Windows 7 64 bit
    Case – CM Storm Stryker
    Video Card-I have no idea and need options
    CPU Cooler-worked with case fans?

can run everything at 1080P at high to ultra settings?

i hope count on your support, thank you very much.

Looks great.

Go with a 7970 Ghz Edition for your GPU. GIGABYTE GV-R797TO-3GD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com

You should buy a CPU cooler since you're buying a 3770K. Amazon.com: Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe with 140mm/120mm Dual SSO Bearing Fans CPU Cooler NH-D14 - Retail: Electronics

With that, you could run everything at high / ultra settings.

That PSU is kind of overkill for a single GPU. SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

Where do you live?

Comment

I think the idea is perfect, a cpu cooler for the 3770k.
      I had thought riding two video cards in the future, but is better a expensive card(powerful) or two cheap cards and make a sli?
      thank you very much for your help and your time, i am living now in lexington, ky.
      one more question: a good idea to buy a used or a new card?
      Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC 3GB GDDR5 DVI-I/HDMI/2x Mini-Displayport PCI-E 3.0 Graphics Card GV-R797OC-3GD

Comment

One powerful card > 2 cheap cards

Well first of all, that isn't even the same GPU I linked. I linked the 7970 Ghz Edition which uses a slightly different architecture and is clocked higher.
        And no, I wouldn't buy a used card. Used cards were most likely sent back because they had issues.

Comment

ok, thank you very much; truth did not notice they were different , then I'll buy the card you recommended(new ) and thank you very much again for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X