X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to building :D

So yea i'm new in building computer so i decided to just get one at Cyberpowerpc.com so here's my build let me know if i need change something on it Thanks

Case: Cooler Master 690 II Advanced Mid-Tower Gaming Case
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz
    Cooling Fan: Asetek 570LX Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans
    MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H
    Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Corsair Vengeance
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [Major Brand by AMD]
    PSU: 750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
    SSD: 120 GB SAMSUNG 840 Series SATA-III 6.0Gb
    HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM
    [Total $1380]

There you go
    Let me know if i have to change something or if this build is a total trash haha!!
    Thanks Guy's

Looks perfect to me. The power supply is a tad bit overkill. If you can get a TX650 for cheaper, it'll be all you need but if it doesn't cost too much for the TX750 it doesn't matter. Enjoy your new system!

Comment

they don't have any 650tx what they have is corsair 600w CX u think this one will work fine for me?? thanks

Comment

And u think its ok even tho i dont use Intel Pro gigabit 10\100\1000?

Comment

Oh if it's between the TX750 and CX600, go with the TX750. It's a far better power supply.

As for the LAN chip, it depends on if you've got any sort of home server or NAS box in your house. Intel generally has a performance advantage over Realtek and Atheros so if you do a lot of network transfers, you may be better off with a board that has Intel LAN. Generally ASUS boards carry Intel LAN, so P8Z77, P8Z77 Pro, etc. That said, unless you're doing large file transfers over the network all the time, you shouldn't see any noticeable performance difference between the Atheros and Intel LAN chips.

Comment

Ohh yea well i think i stick with TX750 and my MoBo ahaha P8Z77 is a lil out of budget haha

I just change my mind about my case and cooler how about this?

CASE: Cooler Master Storm Scout II Mid-Tower Gaming Case
            COOLER: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan w/ Dual Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fans (Push-Pull)

Comment

I like to build my own computer, saves money which means better parts.

If I were going to have someone build my computer I'd be a little leary of cyberpowerpc. I have heard good and bad about them. I think you'll want to pay for the Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution from them, although I think they should pack it right to begin with and not charge extra for a doing a good job.
              You should also purchase the "Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis". This is another thing they should just do right but won't unless you pay them for it. I have seen photos of the insides of cases they do not wire correctly and it is a hot mess.
              Those guys do have nice deals. Since I am comfortable re-wiring, or re-seating parts that come loose I could see myself buying from them on an exceptional deal but this is only because I am comfortable tinkering inside my box.

I would up the cooler over the Asetek.

If I was going to have someone build my computer...
              I do like a custom boutique builder called Digital Storm. They are a well regarded computer builder. Well built machines and good customer service. Compare their forums to cyberpower's. I did do a mock build up on their site but there may be more coupons available that I did not look for. I just did a quickie job. My build comes out to about 100.00 more than yours. It has a a smaller platter drive, a better SSD drive (pro instead of vanilla), and a better graphics card (660ti instead of 7870). They are very adjustable like cyberpower so you can knock some price off by getting that 7870 instead, I just think the 660ti is the sweet spot.
              Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

https://www.digitalstormonline.com/c...andomid=&S10=1

I think you get some games with this too, not a big deal to me my steam account is outrageous.

Comment

I personally find digitalstorm a much better boutique building company in terms of customer satisfaction and overall build quality, however, the premium pricing won't appeal to most low to mid budget customers with limited spending. I would recommend to get a coolermaster hyper 212 evo over the H60 due to having similar performance and the lower price. Also, I would agree with HughJundys that the 660ti is better than the 7870, especially when the 7870 is the default AMD cooler, nevertheless if you are all on strict budget pick whatever best fits to you.

Comment

Working...
                X