Clear All

• Checking out $1500 gaming PC, recommendations welcome

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey Silent ATX Mid Tower Case
    MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD4H
    Video Card: Galaxy GTX670 4GB
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
    RAM: G.Skill X Series 32GB (4 x 8 GB)
    Using an already owned Corsair 650W PSU (I don't remember which one I own exactly)

Any issues you foresee? Any changes you would make?

Thanks for looking.

Great build. That Gigabyte board has a VRM design that totally outmatches anything from ASUS at that price range. Do you really need a 4GB card? 2GB is enough for any game. Are you planning to re-use any HDDs?

Comment

Well, I have spent most of my research time on video cards, and I know that I want an nVidia based on experience with both types (AMD has been less than impressive for me.) Between the 660 Ti and 670, I think the 670 is definitely a better value, and I figure for only another $40, I might as well get the 4GB, in case game demand increases over time (I want this rig to last a while.)

As for HDDs, I will plan on backing up the SSD with a HDD for storage.

Comment

Originally posted by joshman987 View Post
        Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey Silent ATX Mid Tower Case
        MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD4H
        Video Card: Galaxy GTX670 4GB
        CPU: Intel i5-3570k
        SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
        RAM: G.Skill X Series 32GB (4 x 8 GB)
        Using an already owned Corsair 650W PSU (I don't remember which one I own exactly)

Any issues you foresee? Any changes you would make?

Thanks for looking.
        Looks good to me. I'd go with a 256GB Samsung 840 Pro though or larger. Even if you have the SSD + HDD combo, remember that anything installed on the HDD doesn't get the performance benefits of the SSD, so if you install a Steam directory on the HDD, you'll still get long load times. If you need to make budget, I'd go with 16GB of memory rather than 32GB. It's way overkill for a gaming system. In fact, I'd rather go with a GTX 680 or something rather than go with 32GB of memory from the get go.

Also for the graphics, unless you're planning on ultra high resolution gaming (>1920x1200), you won't see much of a difference between a 2GB card and a 4GB card. Personally I really like the EVGA GTX 670 FTW. Good design, good warranty, and good pricing.

Comment

Working...
        X