Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just ordered a Corsair C70, fan configs?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered a Corsair C70, fan configs?

I'm doing a few upgrades to my PC as I saw the C70 for sale on Amazon/Newegg, was my Christmas present(yay)
    but how would you guys recommend I go about the fan placements? and the Noctua NH-D14?

Thinking about upgrading my ram and adding an SSD as well, finally.

Originally posted by JonD7 View Post
    I'm doing a few upgrades to my PC as I saw the C70 for sale on Amazon/Newegg, was my Christmas present(yay)
    but how would you guys recommend I go about the fan placements? and the Noctua NH-D14?

Thinking about upgrading my ram and adding an SSD as well, finally.
    Niiiice! That's a great case to have man. Good choice! Lucky it was on sale. Don't you have a Corsair 600T?

I'd test the stock fan placements first since it looks like the C70 comes bundled with some pretty good cooling. I'd definitely do a bit of experimentation before dropping money. The NH-D14 should fit fine. I'd use it in the usual horizontal configuratiion. That said, I'd rather go with the Phanteks PH-TC14PE. It doesn't cost much more, but performs slightly better and looks cooler if you get it in black or something.

Nice on the RAM and the SSD. Any idea what you're getting? Please say Samsung 840 Pro LOL.... =)

Comment

Originally posted by sam.cpcr View Post
      Niiiice! That's a great case to have man. Good choice! Lucky it was on sale. Don't you have a Corsair 600T?

I'd test the stock fan placements first since it looks like the C70 comes bundled with some pretty good cooling. I'd definitely do a bit of experimentation before dropping money. The NH-D14 should fit fine. I'd use it in the usual horizontal configuratiion. That said, I'd rather go with the Phanteks PH-TC14PE. It doesn't cost much more, but performs slightly better and looks cooler if you get it in black or something.

Nice on the RAM and the SSD. Any idea what you're getting? Please say Samsung 840 Pro LOL.... =)
      Yeah! I have a white 600t that I decided will wait until I build a new PC later next year, I will be definitely be adding those Samsung 840 to that build... might just buy a Crucial for this PC.

I bought the Noctua ages ago but never got around to installing because my case was too small, I didn't know how nice those Phanteks were until you unboxed/reviewed them, kind of regret the purchase but eh, as long as it works, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JonD7 View Post
        Yeah! I have a white 600t that I decided will wait until I build a new PC later next year, I will be definitely be adding those Samsung 840 to that build... might just buy a Crucial for this PC.

I bought the Noctua ages ago but never got around to installing because my case was too small, I didn't know how nice those Phanteks were until you unboxed/reviewed them, kind of regret the purchase but eh, as long as it works, lol.
        Sweeeet! The Crucial is still good.

Would love to see the new build in action :P

Comment

Originally posted by sam.cpcr View Post
          Sweeeet! The Crucial is still good.

Would love to see the new build in action :P
          I'll try to take some pics... still don't have anything to catch good quality video unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
          X