X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H80i

is it better to change the stock fan's of h80i or not? I'm thinking about putting a corsair sp120 quiet edition.

I think the stock fans are solid choices for the most part and won't need any changes unless you are set on a quiter or more powerful set up. I do have some encounters with the sp120s you mentioned and the performance was pleasant if low noise performance is what you are seeking.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
      is it better to change the stock fan's of h80i or not? I'm thinking about putting a corsair sp120 quiet edition.
      I think it depends on what you're going for. Do you want quieter operation or are you looking for better performance? The stock fans on the H80i are pretty good in that they do a great job in terms of performance, so replacing the fans aren't necessarily going to do too much (maybe 1-3 degrees difference) but they are loud when cranked to the max.

Comment

im not realy looking for heavy overclocking, maybe about just 4.0ghz for my i5-3570k. So im trying to have a quiet rig but still can manage to have good temp. Im thinking about all my fan's with sp120 quiet edition also with my h80i i just love the colored ring lol. but is it not realy good to change the stock dan with this h80i fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
          im not realy looking for heavy overclocking, maybe about just 4.0ghz for my i5-3570k. So im trying to have a quiet rig but still can manage to have good temp. Im thinking about all my fan's with sp120 quiet edition also with my h80i i just love the colored ring lol. but is it not realy good to change the stock dan with this h80i fan?
          Oh ok. 4.0GHz isn't going to require too much cooling, so yes the SP 120 quiet editions would do very well for reducing fan noise. I'm also a big fan of the Noctua NF-F12 PWM as well. Good performance and most importantly, it's very quiet.

Amazon.com: Noctua NF-F12 PWM Cooling Fan: Computers & Accessories

Comment

well how much OC can i make with my asrock z77 extreme4 with i5-3570k? i think the noctua is kinda expensive uhhhh. is it a lot diff between Noctua Nf-F12 and Sp120 Quiet edition?

Comment

Depends on cooling and your specific sample, but for a 24/7 overclock, I think 4.2-4.6GHz is very doable. As for the fans, the Noctua is a PWM fan, so if you connect it to a 4 pin connector and if you have it set up properly, it'll speed up and slow down depending on the load. This allows it to be more silent when the CPU is under lighter loads.

Comment

i just saw a sp120 PWM, you guys think i can control this with corsair link V2?

Comment

Working...
                X