Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASIO Support added to Soundblaster Z and ZX

For Soundblaster Z series.

Several fixes that improve the driver's overall stability and performance for the Z, Zx, and ZxR
    Added support for ASIO playback in SB Z and SB Zx. (SB ZxR already supports ASIO playback via its bundled driver. )

Creative Worldwide Support > Sound Blaster ZxR

Oh nice! Driver stability is always good and ASIO playback. Any noticeable differences in SQ?

Comment

Originally posted by HughJundys View Post
      For Soundblaster Z series.

Several fixes that improve the driver's overall stability and performance for the Z, Zx, and ZxR
      Added support for ASIO playback in SB Z and SB Zx. (SB ZxR already supports ASIO playback via its bundled driver. )

Creative Worldwide Support > Sound Blaster ZxR
      Hey, thanks for supporting your products. I don't yet own one, but am considering it. The ZxR that is. Does it benefit in any way from moving to the new driver? Also, what is the expected latency of the card? I mean, can it be used in a pro audio environment? Or is that a silly question?

Oh, do you know how it works with Sonar X2?

Comment

Originally posted by frozentitan View Post
        Hey, thanks for supporting your products. I don't yet own one, but am considering it. The ZxR that is. Does it benefit in any way from moving to the new driver? Also, what is the expected latency of the card? I mean, can it be used in a pro audio environment? Or is that a silly question?

Oh, do you know how it works with Sonar X2?
        None of us work for Creative here. We're a review site. Yes the new SB Z, ZX and ZxR driver supports ASIO, which brings latency down to 1ms or 2ms. You can definitely use it in a pro audio environment if its I/O options work for you. No idea about Sonar X2. The ASIO driver should be universal though so any software should be able to take advantage of it.

Also, please start a new thread for new topics in the future. That way we're not reviving threads from like 6 months ago.

Comment

Working...
        X