Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Choices for a build...

Hi all,

Final phases of my decision making process for the build...it is a video editing, GIS, photo editing, etc. build...

Had decided on a motherboard:
    Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Then kind of changed gears a little bit due to some reviews. So, am contemplating the followings mobo's

ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

Any suggestions and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rick

Originally posted by FireRock View Post
    Hi all,

Final phases of my decision making process for the build...it is a video editing, GIS, photo editing, etc. build...

Had decided on a motherboard:
    Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Then kind of changed gears a little bit due to some reviews. So, am contemplating the followings mobo's

ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

Any suggestions and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rick
    Hmm... depends on what the rest of your specs look like. The P8Z77-V LK is pretty good TBH.

The ASRock Z77 Extreme4 basically uses the same components as the ASUS except it has a bit more features. I find that the BIOS on ASUS boards are better, so if you're working with the BIOS a lot and tinkering a lot, I'd generally recommend going with the ASUS. Otherwise, the ASRock almost always offers more features for the money.

The Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 is awesome, but most of its costs are due to the Thunderbolt ports. If you don't need Thunderbolt and don't see Thunderbolt ever in your future, you can just go with the Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H. I actually like the UD3H a lot. It's what I use for my test bench. Rock solid and I do a ton of overclocking on it as well. Great board.

The Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H is basically a UD3H with more features such as dual LAN and more SATA ports and stuff. If you don't care about that, it doesn't really make sense to go with the UD5H. If you do though, by all means. It's a fantastic board as well.

Comment

Working...
    X