X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking Z77A-G45

I recently bought a descent gaming pc with a Z77A-G45 motherboard and I saw you could over clock it with OC Gentle 2 in Click Bios 2 or something in that way. But I've got no idea what over clocking is and if I should do it. I searched on line and found that it just makes your Pc go faster but it also increases the temperature. So I would like to ask you guys if I should do it and then if yes, how? I'm not really a computer genie and I've got no idea

Overclocking is more or less boosting your computer's processor to go faster than the factory settings; in other words, just like you mentioned, the performance as well as the temperature rises. There are many situations that overclocking would be beneficial but there are also scenarios where it is unnecessary. First and foremost you have to ask yourself you really want to overclock your cpu? (*ocing it will void your warranty). Furthermore, if you say yes and want to go ahead with the procedure do you have the correct cooling solutions?

It is really up to you and btw what processor are you using?

Comment

Thanks for replying, I have these specs:
      1 x MSI 2GB D5 X GTX660 TF OC R
      1 x MS Windows 7 HP 64b Alternate NL SP1
      1 x Int Core i5-3570 3400 1155 BOX
      1 x OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W ATX2
      1 x Aerocool Strike-X White Edt. wh ATX
      1 x LG GH24NS 24x SA bk B
      1 x SSD 120GB 500/525 Agility3 SA3 OCZ
      1 x MSI Z77A-G45 Z77 RG SA
      1 x WD 500GB WD5000AAKX Blue SA3
      1 x D3 8GB 1066-777 Ripjaws K2 GSK
      Copied this from the site I bought it from.

Comment

Still up to you

Well looking at your specs I see that you have the normal i5 3570 not the fully unlocked K series. This will be harder to overclock and a lot more tweaking will be involved. I personally have only overclocked fully unlocked processors before so I won't be much help. My only advice would be not to overclock it since your system looks perfectly fine for now and you are really in no need to overclock.

Comment

Working...
        X