X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Gaming Case for First-Time Builder

Hey everyone! I'm brand-new to this site, and I'm here looking for tips on building a PC.

I'm looking for a good gaming case with a good cooling system, preferably a PSU included, and it would be great if it was compatible with pretty much anything. I don't need the top-notch models, as I'm on a budget.

If you guys have any suggestions, that would be great!

What do you mean pretty much anything? Crappy 300w to 500w PSUs aren't going to run anything, and that's pretty much what every cheap case has.
    Don't ever skimp on PSUs. Buy a cheap case, and buy this Newegg.com - Antec NEO ECO 400C 400W Continuous Power ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by laxgoalie413 View Post
      Hey everyone! I'm brand-new to this site, and I'm here looking for tips on building a PC.

I'm looking for a good gaming case with a good cooling system, preferably a PSU included, and it would be great if it was compatible with pretty much anything. I don't need the top-notch models, as I'm on a budget.

If you guys have any suggestions, that would be great!
      There are a ton of great gaming cases. It'd be helpful if you had a more specific budget in mind (<$100, <$50, etc.), size of case, or what components you're planning to drop in there. As far as a PSU, I don't usually trust cases that have PSUs included. Not that the cases are bad, but like eBombzor says, the PSU is probably cheap. You should definitely purchase a PSU separately.

That said, as far as cheap cases go, you'll be hardpressed to find something that'll offer the same level of features and quality as a Corsair Carbide 200R or the HAF 912

Comment

I would rather save up and spend more this way you will only have to buy once or at least have something that would last a good couple of years. My case is a Cooler Master Cosmos 1000, obviously I would love to be able to afford the Cosmos II however I'm still happy with my Cosmos 1000 because it has enough space to literally hold anything and on top of that the air flow is pretty awesome!

Comment

Working...
        X