Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIS Radeon HD 7850 IceQ Turbo 2GB Review

Click here to view the article.

Nice review, but it's hard to compare if you only have 7770s and 7750s. Also, a noise comparison video like this one Sound Level Comparison, With Video : Seven GeForce GTX 670 Cards, Benchmarked And Reviewed would be extremely helpful.

Comment

BSOD when playing games after OC'ing this card

Hi,

I followed this guide in OC'ing this card it runs fine in the MSI kombustor for a few mins that i tested it, but when i played dota 2 or skyrim with max details + AA it just BSOD's.

what seems to be the problem?

Comment

How high is your overclock? Have you adjusted the power settings?

Sometimes an overclock will pass one stress test, but fail another. Happens quite often. I recommend using a combination of Furmark, Unigine Heaven, and 3D Mark to get a good idea of how stable the overclock is. Also, make sure to run the stress test for more than 5 minutes. Sometimes the overclock works just fine when the system is cold, but once it heats up such as playing a game for an hour or two, the whole thing breaks.

Comment

I basically follow the settings in the guide. Which power settings are you talking about, the power options in win 7 or in the BIOS?

Comment

No, I'm talking about the VDDC. Have you tried going with a lower overclock? Does that work? If not, it may be a driver/software issue. Also, what kind of temperatures are you looking at? Is the case well ventilated?

Comment

the same VDDC as the guide, actually, all settings are the same. the temps when loaded were around 40 - 50, certainly less than 60. i downloaded the latest driver from AMD radeon website. the only lower OC i am using right now is the default settings of the "turbo" button. I don't understand why it's not working.

Comment

Have you tried a lower overclock? 1300MHz core and 1100MHz memory? Do you still experience the same bluescreen while gaming?

Comment

tried it, the game crashed but no BSOD. BTW, the stock turbo settings is on 1010mhz core, 1212mhz memory. so I'm wondering if the memory should be 1100mhz and core: 1300mhz?

Is there something else I need to change though as far as the video card goes or voltages in the EUFI? I have OC'd my cpu, and ram though

Comment

Hmm... it could potentially be a CPU overclock instability that's causing the crashing as well. Return the graphics card to stock settings and try it again. Does it still crash?

Comment

Originally posted by sam.cpcr View Post
                      Hmm... it could potentially be a CPU overclock instability that's causing the crashing as well. Return the graphics card to stock settings and try it again. Does it still crash?
                      no, there's nothing wrong if i'm using the turbo boost setting of the iturbo. sure, it's not the CPU OC that's the issue.

Comment

any help to my situation pls?

Comment

Oh, I just read my post from before. Sorry, I switched around the core/memory figures around. Try 1125MHz Core and 1300MHz memory. Any problems?

Comment

hi,

tried it tonight. so far so good
                            will test some more on other games later and I will give you updates.

BTW, why is it that I couldn't reach the 1200/1400 OC when all over the internet, the 7850 can reach that no problem?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence Albert Arcelo View Post
                              hi,

tried it tonight. so far so good
                              will test some more on other games later and I will give you updates.

BTW, why is it that I couldn't reach the 1200/1400 OC when all over the internet, the 7850 can reach that no problem?

Thanks
                              It really depends on how lucky you are with the chip, just like with processors. Sometimes you get a golden chip, sometimes you don't. 1100MHz+ core is a very good overclock though.

Comment

Working...
                              X