Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Leaving Mobo Industry

Intel to leave desktop motherboard business by 2016 | ZDNet

Not surprising since there are more popular alternatives out there, but their mobos were pretty decent. Especially that 70k.

Originally posted by eBombzor View Post
    Intel to leave desktop motherboard business by 2016 | ZDNet

Not surprising since there are more popular alternatives out there, but their mobos were pretty decent. Especially that 70k.
    Yeah, I read that a couple days ago too. Was gonna post something with my 2c on the site, but had too much on my plate.

Personally, I think it's a good move for Intel though. That way they can reduce the number of people who work on motherboard development and reassign them to other divisions. Motherboards are a low margin industry and it's hard to compete price/feature-wise with what guys like ASUS/ASrock/MSI/Gigabyte offer.

Comment

Originally posted by sam.cpcr View Post
      Yeah, I read that a couple days ago too. Was gonna post something with my 2c on the site, but had too much on my plate.

Personally, I think it's a good move for Intel though. That way they can reduce the number of people who work on motherboard development and reassign them to other divisions. Motherboards are a low margin industry and it's hard to compete price/feature-wise with what guys like ASUS/ASrock/MSI/Gigabyte offer.
      Now we just gotta convince Intel to stop making stupid stock heatsinks and start shipping in much smaller boxes. There's probably a beach filled with their stock heatsinks...
      I bet it could shave 10 or 20 bucks...

Comment

Originally posted by eBombzor View Post
        Now we just gotta convince Intel to stop making stupid stock heatsinks and start shipping in much smaller boxes. There's probably a beach filled with their stock heatsinks...
        I bet it could shave 10 or 20 bucks...
        Haha yeah, hopefully they will stop shipping those damn coolers like they did with LGA 2011 procs. Not that those procs are any cheaper because of it though LOL.

Comment

Working...
        X